Lots of times, we feel like we are less of a person than we really are. We wish we were someone else, we don't feel good enough. While thinking about this, I was interested in the promises that God gives us about who we are in Christ. As Christians God lays it out (in writing) who we are. HE tells me that...
I am loved by the Father. John 16:27
I am able to endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 2 Timothy 2:3
Out of my innermost being will flow rivers of living water. John 7:38
Peace is mine. John 14:27
Through the strength and power of Christ, I will overcome. Philippians 4:13; 2
Corinthians 12:9-10
I am more than a conqueror and co-heir with Christ. Romans 8:17
All things are working ultimately together for my good, as I walk in God's purposes and His will, in love. Romans 8:28; 1 John 5:3
I have been given gifts, to glorify God. Romans 12:6; 1 Corinthians 14:1
Whether I live or die, I am the Lord's. Romans 14:8
I am God’s fellow worker 1 Cor. 3:9
I am a temple of God in which God indwells 1 Cor 3:16
He anointed me, and put His seal of ownership on me. 2 Cor. 1:22
I am a son of God. Gal. 4:6
I am a spiritual light in the world. Phil. 2:15
God will supply all my needs according to His glorious riches. Phil. 4:19
God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind 2 Tim. 1:7; 1 Cor. 2:16
I am co-heir of a kingdom which cannot be shaken, and I am thankful and worship God. Heb. 12:28
I have obtained an inheritance which can never perish, spoil, or fade away, reserved in heaven for me. I Peter 1:4
I am a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a person for God's own possession, that I may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called me out of (spiritual) darkness into His marvelous light. I Peter 2:9
By His wounds I am healed. 1 Peter 2:24
I am an ambassador for Christ. 2 Cor.5:20
I am the will of God James 1:8
I have been chosen of God, and am holy and beloved. Col 3:12
I am in the palm of the Lord’s Hand Isa. 49:16
Do we really wake up everyday or lay our head down at night and believe these things to be true? We should! I am going to try to make it a point to define myself by these standards not what I think I should be, or what others think I should be. Join me?
No comments:
Post a Comment